Perry County is accepting applications for a Part Time Deputy Sheriff until 4:00 p.m. November 3, 2023 in the Sheriff’s Office. Act 2 or Act 120 training is preferred.
This position is responsible to maintain security in the Courtroom, as well as other County buildings. Additional duties include:
- Transport of inmates
- Serve civil papers and bench warrants
- Make arrests
- Respond to emergency situations.
Qualifications for the position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of related law enforcement experience
- Act 2 or Act 120 training preferred
Starting salary is $19.27 hourly. Interested candidates should submit an application and resume to Sheriff Dave Hammar at P.O. Box 6, New Bloomfield PA 17068. For additional information, contact Sheriff Hammar at 717-582-5123 or email@example.com. Employment applications can be downloaded at www.perryco.org under Job Openings.