Perry County is accepting applications for Full Time Caseworkers in the Children & Youth Services Department. This civil service position is responsible to provide a full range of social and case management services to children, youth, and families.
Primary Duties Include:
- Perform service planning on intakes
- Determine risk using the approved risk assessment model
- Investigate reports of mistreatment and abuse of children
- Performs home visits with families
- Performs out of home placement duties
Successful Candidate must Possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 12 credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences
- 2 years’ experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 and two years of college level course work
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which included 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences and one year of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 or in a similar position
Compensation includes a starting salary of $19.27/hour. Promotional opportunities possible after 6 months of employment with an hourly rate of $22.48. Perry County employment offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes generous paid time off, a County retirement plan, and health, dental, and vision, insurance after a 90-day probation period.
Applications will be accepted as ongoing. There isn’t an end date for accepting applications.