Community Volunteers Needed!
Below are volunteer opportunities for Perry County residents:
- The Cumberland-Perry Drug and Alcohol Commission is seeking community volunteers from Perry County to serve on its community advisory board. The board oversees public-funded substance use disorder prevention, intervention, and treatment services for residents of Cumberland and Perry Counties. Skills in planning, problem solving, and advocacy needed. For more information, Perry County residents may call the Commission at 1-866-240-6300 or 717-240-6300.
- Perry County Penn State Extension Office Council is looking for volunteers to serve on the council. By becoming a member of the county council, you can help give a stronger voice to extension at the local, public level. Council members are kept up to date on organizational priorities, activities, issues, and budget strategies. For more information please contact Donna Kay Scherer at 814-409-7978 or via email at email@example.com
- The Perry County Planning Commission is seeking volunteers to serving on the commission. The mission of the commissioner is to serve Perry County and its communities with a professional planning program structured to recognize and support regional and local planning efforts and to manage growth in a coordinated orderly fashion while preserving the natural and cultural features and rural character which create the Perry County lifestyle. For additional information on this opportunity please contact Jason Finnerty at 717-582-5124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poll Worker Back Up Volunteers (when needed) for the following municipalities: Greenwood Township, Howe Township, Liverpool Borough, Millerstown Borough, New Buffalo Borough, Newport Borough, Toboyne #2, and Jackson Township. Contact the Election Office at 717-582-5107 or email@example.com for more information.
- Perry Housing Partnership Contact Jeannine Matulevich at 717-636-1056 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.