Guardianship Tracking System
- The Guardianship Tracking System (GTS) is essentially an e-filing system that incorporates statewide guardianship information and simplifies the guardian filing process of mandated reports.
- The GTS is to be used by professional and family guardians, judges, court staff, Orphans’ Court clerks and others involved in the guardianship process.
- The GTS will better protect adults of all ages under guardianship by allowing courts to identify red flags and respond to potential problems immediately.
- The GTS will benefit guardians by:
o Allowing them to file annual reports and inventory forms online at their convenience
o Sending them automatic reminders about important upcoming filing dates and overdue notices
o Eliminating the potential for mathematical errors in their filings
- The GTS integrates guardian information into a statewide database rather than separate, individual county databases which will:
o Provide statewide statistical reporting that will generate information about guardianship trends that will help decision makers draft laws and establish procedures to better protect our most vulnerable citizens
o Eliminate the potential for an unsuitable guardian to relocate to another county that has no record of their previous misconduct
- All counties in Pennsylvania will be using the system by the end of 2018. Perry County went live with the system on September 6, 2018 one of the first 10% of counties to go live.
- The GTS is a product of the recommendations made by the Elder Law Task Force and was developed by the Office of Elder Justice in the Courts and the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts/IT under direction from the Advisory Council on Elder Justice in the Courts.
- Guardian Help Home Page: http://help.pacourts.us/gtsg
- Guardian Video Page (within the Help): http://help.pacourts.us/gtsg/Guardian/QRGs_Videos/Video_Tutorials_-_Guardian.htm