Jan Gibboney, Treasurer
Phone: 717-582-2131 Ext. 4111
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Location: Veterans Memorial Building, 25 W. Main Street, New Bloomfield, PA 17068
Perry County Treasurer
P.O. Box 37
New Bloomfield, PA 17068
PAYMENTS TO “PERRY COUNTY TREASURER” CAN BE MADE IN PERSON BY CASH, CHECK, OR CARD.
THERE IS A CONVENIENCE FEE FOR USING A CARD.Bingo-License-Application NOT NOTARIZED MUST BE SWORN
Dog License has a $2.00 Fee applied to EACH dog license purchased by Card.
Hunting & Fishing has a minimum $4.00 or 4% to all Hunting and Fishing purchases by Card.
Do not send CASH in the mail.
- Tax Collection – This office is not involved in the collection of delinquent property taxes, nor are we involved in mortgage foreclosures. We do not report or maintain a listing for the unclaimed property (escheats).
- Dog Licenses
- Fishing Licenses
- Launch Permits
- Hunting and Furtaking licenses
- Sportsman Pistol Permits
- Small Games of Chance Licenses
- Bingo Licenses
The Perry County Treasurer’s Office is responsible for working closely with the thirty township and borough local tax collectors on current year real estate, municipal, county, and per capita taxes. Each month the tax collectors turn over the tax monies that they have collected to the Treasurer’s Office. All current year taxes are due to your local tax collectors before December 31st at which time they will be turned over to the Tax Claim Office as Delinquent Taxes. For more information see Tax Claim on this Website.
As an agent for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, this office sells several licenses. The applications are provided here for you to download and print. Remember to bring your identification and other necessary documents to obtain your license.
- Required for all dogs 3 months and older
- Dog must be licensed by January 1st.
- Maximum fee for an unlicensed dog is $300.
- A dog license for a non-senior citizen is $6.50 for a spayed or neutered dog; $8.50 for a female or male dog.
- A dog license for a senior citizen (age 65) or disabled citizen is $4.50 for a spayed or neutered dog; $6.50 for a female or male dog.
- Please keep license receipt for your records.
You are welcome to print this application and send it along with proof of Spay or Neuter, payment and self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Perry County Treasurer
P.O. Box 63
25 West Main Street
New Bloomfield, PA 17068
If you have had your dog microchipped and wish to purchase a LIFETIME DOG LICENSE you may download that form here. Note: Permanent Identification Verification Form (PIV) is also required. These forms are supplied by your veterinarian’s office and will include a scannable microchip label. Please be aware that lifetime dog licenses are available only through the Treasurer’s Office. You must buy a lifetime license in addition to having your dog microchipped.
- Pennsylvania Hunting Licenses for the 2021-2022 Season will be available in our office on June 14, 2021.
- Please bring your current hunting license with CID # and PA Driver’s License.
- If you are a first-time hunter or trapper, bring your certificate of training for the successful completion of the Hunter-Trapper Education Course.
- You may access the PA Game Commission’s website at www.pgc.state.pa.us for more information.
Military Reduced – Fee Licenses are available also. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of PA
- Be an active and full-time duty in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Be currently assigned to a facility outside of PA
- Be on temporary leave in PA
All applicants must provide documentation of Pennsylvania being their home of record, their military status; their official orders showing that they are stationed outside this Commonwealth; and their leave papers (LES).
Residential National Guard Hunting License and Resident Reserves Hunting License
To qualify, applicants must all the following requirements and provide the appropriate documentation.
Be a qualified resident of Pennsylvania who, within the previous 24 months, has been deployed overseas as a member of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard or Air National Guard on active Federal Service, or a reserve component of the armed forces for a period of 60 consecutive days or more, or was released early from such service because of injury or disease incurred in the line of duty. Only one Pennsylvania National Guard or Reserves hunting license may be issued for each qualifying deployment of a person applying for this license.
* Pennsylvania being their home of record
* Documentation of military status or discharge papers, if applicable
* Individual or unit orders showing the return date from overseas
Armed Forces (AF) Antlerless Deer Licenses
These license are issued to a eligible PA resident U.S. Armed Forces or PA resident U.S. Coast Guard personnel. Qualified applicants may apply to any County Treasurer for the WMU in which they desire to hunt. To qualify, applicants must be full-time active duty or within sixty (60) days of their honorable discharge. Applicants are not required to be stationed outside of Pennsylvania. Immediate family members of qualified applicants are not eligible for the AF license.
Individuals serving in the Reserves or National Guard are not eligible for the AF license. Possible exception- If a resident applicant who normally serves in the Reserves or National Guard is called to serve in a Federal full-time active duty (generally referred to as TITLE 10) status prior to applying, this person could qualify for the AF license.
Antlerless Deer Licenses
on sale Monday, July 12, 2021
SEND APPLICATIONS IN PINK ENVELOPES Friday, JULY 9, 2021
1st. BONUS ROUND ANTLERLESS DEER LICENSES GO ON SALE
AUGUST 2, 2021
SEND APPLICATIONS IN PINK ENVELOPES JULY 30, 2021
2ND BONUS ROUND ANTLERLESS DEER LICENSES GO ON SALE
AUGUST 16, 2021
SEND APPLICATIONS IN PINK ENVELOPES AUG. 13, 2021
MAKE A NOTE: Pa. Game Commission raised the fees up by 7 cents.
- ADD/MULTIPLY CORRECTLY – $6.97 for each doe license.
(1= $6.97; 2= $13.94 or 3= $20.91)
On MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH, if antlerless deer licenses are still available, County Treasurers accept antlerless deer license applications over the counter.
PLEASE BE AWARE:
All mail placed in box at Post Office goes to Harrisburg for metering BEFORE it is delivered to our office. If you drop your Pink envelope in the New Bloomfield “local” box Sunday night, we will NOT have your application until Wednesday. Be exceptionally aware of this time lag with Bonus Tag applications.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
ONLY checks or money orders may be accepted for antlerless deer hunting licenses. Please list each license CID # in the memo section of the check or money order to which payment applies for antlerless deer hunting licenses. A fee of $50.00 will be imposed for any check deemed insufficient and returned by the bank.
For DMAP licenses, please check www.pgc.state.pa.us for availability as it will be updated each Friday.
2021 FISHING LICENSES WILL BE AVAILABLE BY THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER
2021 Important Dates to Remember
- Southeast Regional Trout Opening Day: April 3, 2021
- Statewide Trout Opening Day: April 17, 2021
- Opening Day for Bass: June 12, 2021
| Free Fishing Days 2021 – Pennsylvania
Sunday before Memorial Day May 30th
and Independence Day July 4th
Fish-for-Free Days allow anyone (resident or non-resident) to legally fish on Pennsylvania waterways on the designated days with NO FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED (Trout/Salmon and Lake Erie permits are also NOT required). All other fishing regulations still apply.
Other important information:
- 2021 fishing licenses are now available!
- Regular fishing licenses are required for anyone 16 years and older.
- A regular fishing license cost is $22.97. Additional Trout/Salmon and Lake Erie permits are $9.97 each. The Trout/Salmon and Lake Erie permit combo is $15.97.
- Fishing licenses may also be purchased online directly from the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission using this link: http://fishandboat.com/license.htm
- To apply for a Senior Lifetime fishing license, the applicant must be at least 65 years of age sometime within the fishing year. The fishing year runs with the calendar year. The cost is $51.97 for a senior lifetime license. With a recent change from the Fish Commission, a senior lifetime license holder will need to purchase a Trout/Salmon permit every year.
Launch Permits for unpowered boats (canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, rowboats, etc.) can permit owners to launch their boats at the PFBC lakes and access areas or Pennsylvania state parks if their boats display a PFBC launch use permit, boat registration, or Pennsylvania State Parks launch permit or mooring permit. Pennsylvania State Parks recognizes boat registrations and Commission launch permits. The Commission does NOT recognize launch permits from other states. A PFBC launch permit can be purchased at the Perry County Treasurers Office. An unpowered boat may have a registration OR launch use permit but is not required to have both.
Permits are for a calendar year -One year permit is $13.97 – -Two year permit is $23.97-
LAUNCH (USE) PERMIT BOAT INFORMATION needed for purchase-
A Launch (Use) Permit is issued for a specific boat. It is unlawful to transfer a Launch (Use) Permit, issued for a specific boat, to another boat.
Fields denoted with an asterisk ‘*’ are required. TYPE OF BOAT:*
BOAT MODEL YEAR:* BOAT MAKE:*
BOAT MODEL:* BOAT HULL ID/SERIAL NUMBER:
Sportsman’s Pistol Permit
- This permit is valid only in conjunction with going to or from the place where you hunt, fish or trap. Not valid for any other reason.
- Applicants must appear in person and present valid hunting, fishing, or fur taking license.
- Present another valid form of identification, preferably a valid PA driver’s license.
- Valid for five years from the date of purchase. Fee: $6.00.
Small Games of Chance
The Treasurer’s Office is the licensing authority for Small Games of Chance and Bingo Licenses within Perry County. Licensing is limited to non-profit organizations that have been in existence for at least a year for the promotion of charitable or service purposes.
( Please see above under Documents for SGOC overview and SGOC Act 2 amendment documents )
The fees and terms of Games of Chance License remain the same:
- $125.00 Qualified non-profits conducting games throughout the year.
- Special Permit $25.00 – this permit is sold in conjunction with yearly permit when prize awards exceed legal prize limits.
- Limited License $25.00 – permits the organization to use this license for the next 30 days
- NOTICE: On November 15, 2013, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law Act 2 amending the Local Option Small Games of Chance Act to create new definitions, increase prize limits, provide additional licensing rules and regulations for organizations and to amend enforcement provisions. Required documents:
* Small Games of Chance Application
*Schedule of Games/Drawings sheet
*If incorporated, a copy of the applicant’s articles of incorporation. If not incorporated, a copy of bylaws or other legal documents that define the organization’s structure and purposes. Documentation indicating the organization has been fulfilling its purpose for one year prior to applying for a license is required.
*A copy of the applicant’s Internal Revenue Service tax exemption approval letter or official documentation indicating the applicant is a non-profit charitable organization.
*Details and copies of all written lease or rental arrangements between the applicant and the owner of the premises upon which the games of chance will be conducted, if such premises are leased or rented. If premises are owned, provide a copy of the deed.
*Each application for a club license with proceeds in excess of $20,000 must include the most recent report filed with the department.
FALSE OR FRAUDULENT APPLICATION IS PUNISHABLE BY A FINE OF $1,000, IMPRISONMENT FOR ONE YEAR OR BOTH
An application must be completed for each new license and/or renewal each year. The fee for a regular license is $100 and is valid for one year from the date of issue. Recognized senior citizens’ groups who conduct bingo for their members only shall pay a fee of $50 per year.
Three Consecutive Day License: this license permits the association to play the game of bingo for three consecutive days. The application process is the same as above, the fee is only $15. The applicant must state the dates of the games. Any association is eligible for only one 3 Day license per year, and the association is not eligible for a Regular License until one year from the date of the last game.
Documents & Forms
- 2021 Tax Collector Listing
- Affidavit for a Replacement Antlerless License
- Annual Dog License Application
- Small Games of Chance Application
- Bingo License Application
- Dog Law Lifetime License Fill In App-1
- Permanent Identification Verification Form
- SGOC Application Check List
- SGOC Required Documents
- Bingo - Questions and Answers
- Small Games of Chance Questions and Answers
- Affidavit of Disability
- Local Option Small Games of Chance Statute as of 02-2012
- Title 10 - PA Bingo Law