Jan Gibboney, Treasurer
Phone: 717-582-2131 Ext. 4111
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Location: Veterans Memorial Building, 25 W. Main Street, New Bloomfield, PA 17068
Perry County Treasurer
P.O. Box 37
New Bloomfield, PA 17068
PAYMENTS TO “PERRY COUNTY TREASURER” CAN BE MADE IN PERSON BY CASH, CHECK, OR CARD.
THERE IS A CONVENIENCE FEE FOR USING A CARD.
Dog License has a $2.00 Fee applied to EACH dog license purchased by Card.
Hunting & Fishing has a minimum $4.00 or 4% to all Hunting and Fishing purchases by Card.
Do not send CASH in the mail.
- Tax Collection – This office is not involved in the collection of delinquent property taxes, nor are we involved in mortgage foreclosures. We do not report or maintain a listing for the unclaimed property (escheats).
- Dog Licenses
- Fishing Licenses
- Launch Permits
- Hunting and Furtaking licenses
- Sportsman Pistol Permits
- Small Games of Chance Licenses
- Bingo Licenses
The Perry County Treasurer’s Office is responsible for working closely with the thirty township and borough local tax collectors on current year real estate, municipal, county, and per capita taxes. Each month the tax collectors turn over the tax monies that they have collected to the Treasurer’s Office. All current year taxes are due to your local tax collectors before December 31st at which time they will be turned over to the Tax Claim Office as Delinquent Taxes. For more information see Tax Claim on this Website.
As an agent for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, this office sells several licenses. The applications are provided here for you to download and print. Remember to bring your identification and other necessary documents to obtain your license.
Starting 2024 all dogs must be licensed when 8 weeks and older:
- Dog must be licensed each January 1st
- Unlicensed and/or uncontrolled dog can cause owner to receive a significant fine.
- A dog licensed for a non-senior citizen is $8.70, no spay or neuter discount after March 1, 2024
- A dog licensed for a senior (age 65) or disabled citizen is $6.70, no spay or neuter discount after March 1, 2024
- Please keep your license certificate for your records & receipt.
You are welcome to print the applications and send it along with proof of Spay or Neuter, and payment to:
Perry County Treasurer
P.O. Box 37
25 West Main Street
New Bloomfield, PA 17068
If you have had your dog microchipped and wish to purchase a LIFETIME DOG LICENSE you may download that form here. Note: Permanent Identification Verification Form (PIV) is also required. These forms are supplied by your veterinarian’s office and will include a scannable microchip label. Please be aware that lifetime dog licenses are available only through the Treasurer’s Office. You must buy a lifetime license in addition to having your dog microchipped.
2023 Hunter-Trapper Education Courses
HUNTERED News Release Fall 2023 – Click on this link for more information.
Please see the Link at the bottom of this page for more information.
- Please bring your current hunting license with CID # and PA Driver’s License.
- If you are a first-time hunter or trapper, bring your certificate of training for the successful completion of the Hunter-Trapper Education Course.
- You may access the PA Game Commission’s website at www.pgc.state.pa.us for more information.
Military Reduced – Fee Licenses are available also. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of PA
- Be an active and full-time duty in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Be currently assigned to a facility outside of PA
- Be on temporary leave in PA
All applicants must provide documentation of Pennsylvania being their home of record, their military status; their official orders showing that they are stationed outside this Commonwealth; and their leave papers (LES).
Residential National Guard Hunting License and Resident Reserves Hunting License
To qualify, applicants must all the following requirements and provide the appropriate documentation.
Be a qualified resident of Pennsylvania who, within the previous 24 months, has been deployed overseas as a member of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard or Air National Guard on active Federal Service, or a reserve component of the armed forces for a period of 60 consecutive days or more, or was released early from such service because of injury or disease incurred in the line of duty. Only one Pennsylvania National Guard or Reserves hunting license may be issued for each qualifying deployment of a person applying for this license.
* Pennsylvania being their home of record
* Documentation of military status or discharge papers, if applicable
* Individual or unit orders showing the return date from overseas
Armed Forces (AF) Antlerless Deer Licenses
These license are issued to a eligible PA resident U.S. Armed Forces or PA resident U.S. Coast Guard personnel. Qualified applicants may apply to any County Treasurer for the WMU in which they desire to hunt. To qualify, applicants must be full-time active duty or within sixty (60) days of their honorable discharge. Applicants are not required to be stationed outside of Pennsylvania. Immediate family members of qualified applicants are not eligible for the AF license.
Individuals serving in the Reserves or National Guard are not eligible for the AF license. Possible exception- If a resident applicant who normally serves in the Reserves or National Guard is called to serve in a Federal full-time active duty (generally referred to as TITLE 10) status prior to applying, this person could qualify for the AF license.
Hunting License AND Bonus Round # 2 antlerless license sales begin 7-24-2023 – 4th Monday in July
Over the counter and online with PA Game Commission – NO MORE MAIL Pink Envelope(s)
NON RESIDENT ANTLERLESS DEER LICENSES GO ON SALE BONUS SECOND Round 4th Monday in July – July 24th, 2023
BONUS ROUND #2 ANTLERLESS DEER LICENSES 4th Monday- July 24th
BONUS ROUND #3 ANTLERLESS DEER LICENSES 2nd Monday – Aug.14th
BONUS ROUND #4 ANTLERLESS DEER LICENSES 4th Monday – Aug 28th
Elk- lottery entries are available now until July 16th and will be drawn on July 29th.
DMAP Antlerless licenses will go on sale August 14th.
The Pennsylvania Game Commission will be sending postcards to all recent hunters early in June to explain the new licensing procedures. All but five WMUs received additional antlerless licenses allocated to be issued for 2023. Only one (3b) WMU received less antlerless licenses allotted to issue. 4B, which includes Perry County received 46,000 antlerless licenses, which had previously been allocated 34,000. If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at 717-582-2131 x 4111. We look forward to serving you.
2024 FISHING LICENSES WILL BE AVAILABLE BY EARLY DECEMBER
2024 Important Dates to Remember:
- Statewide Trout Opening Day: April 6, 2024
- Opening Day for Walleye/ Sauger May 4, 2024
- Opening Day for Bass: June 8, 2024
- Extended Trout season September 3, 2024
Free Fishing Days 2024 – Pennsylvania
- Sunday before Memorial Day May 26th
- Independence Day July 4th
- Fish-for-Free Days allow anyone (resident or non-resident) to legally fish on Pennsylvania waterways on the designated days with NO FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED (Trout/Salmon and Lake Erie permits are also NOT required). All other fishing regulations still apply.
Other important information:
- 2024 fishing licenses are available DECEMBER 1 ST!
- Regular fishing licenses are required for anyone 16 years and older.
- STARTING 2024 – A regular fishing license cost is $27.97. Additional Trout/Salmon and Lake Erie permits are $14.97 each. The Trout/Salmon and Lake Erie permit combo is $20.97.
- Fishing licenses may also be purchased online directly from the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission using this link: http://fishandboat.com/license.htm
- To apply for a Senior Lifetime fishing license, the applicant must be at least 65 years of age sometime within the fishing year. The fishing year runs with the calendar year. The cost is $86.97 for a senior lifetime license. The Fish Commission in recent years required that a senior lifetime license holder will need to purchase a Trout/Salmon permit every year.
Launch Permits for unpowered boats (canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, rowboats, etc.) can permit owners to launch their boats at the PFBC lakes and access areas or Pennsylvania state parks if their boats display a PFBC launch use permit, boat registration, or Pennsylvania State Parks launch permit or mooring permit. Pennsylvania State Parks recognizes boat registrations and Commission launch permits. The Commission does NOT recognize launch permits from other states. A PFBC launch permit can be purchased at the Perry County Treasurers Office. An unpowered boat may have a registration OR launch use permit but is not required to have both.
Permits are for a calendar year -One year permit is $13.97 – -Two year permit is $23.97-
LAUNCH (USE) PERMIT BOAT INFORMATION needed for purchase-
A Launch (Use) Permit is issued for a specific boat. It is unlawful to transfer a Launch (Use) Permit, issued for a specific boat, to another boat.
Fields denoted with an asterisk ‘*’ are required. TYPE OF BOAT:*
BOAT MODEL YEAR:* BOAT MAKE:*
BOAT MODEL:* BOAT HULL ID/SERIAL NUMBER:
Sportsman’s Pistol Permit
- This permit is valid only in conjunction with going to or from the place where you hunt, fish or trap. Not valid for any other reason.
- Applicants must appear in person and present valid hunting, fishing, or fur taking license.
- Present another valid form of identification, preferably a valid PA driver’s license.
- Valid for five years from the date of purchase. Fee: $6.00.
Small Games of Chance
The Treasurer’s Office is the licensing authority for Small Games of Chance and Bingo Licenses within Perry County. Licensing is limited to non-profit organizations that have been in existence for at least a year for the promotion of charitable or service purposes.
( Please see above under Documents for SGOC overview and SGOC Act 2 amendment documents )
The fees and terms of Games of Chance License remain the same:
- $125.00 Qualified non-profits conducting games throughout the year.
- Special Permit $25.00 – this permit is sold in conjunction with yearly permit when prize awards exceed legal prize limits.
- Limited License $25.00 – permits the organization to use this license for the next 30 days
- NOTICE: On November 15, 2013, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law Act 2 amending the Local Option Small Games of Chance Act to create new definitions, increase prize limits, provide additional licensing rules and regulations for organizations and to amend enforcement provisions. Required documents:
* Small Games of Chance Application
*Schedule of Games/Drawings sheet
*If incorporated, a copy of the applicant’s articles of incorporation. If not incorporated, a copy of bylaws or other legal documents that define the organization’s structure and purposes. Documentation indicating the organization has been fulfilling its purpose for one year prior to applying for a license is required.
*A copy of the applicant’s Internal Revenue Service tax exemption approval letter or official documentation indicating the applicant is a non-profit charitable organization.
*Details and copies of all written lease or rental arrangements between the applicant and the owner of the premises upon which the games of chance will be conducted, if such premises are leased or rented. If premises are owned, provide a copy of the deed.
*Each application for a club license with proceeds in excess of $20,000 must include the most recent report filed with the department.
FALSE OR FRAUDULENT APPLICATION IS PUNISHABLE BY A FINE OF $1,000, IMPRISONMENT FOR ONE YEAR OR BOTH
An application must be completed for each new license and/or renewal each year. The fee for a regular license is $100 and is valid for one year from the date of issue. Recognized senior citizens’ groups who conduct bingo for their members only shall pay a fee of $50 per year.
Three Consecutive Day License: this license permits the association to play the game of bingo for three consecutive days. The application process is the same as above, the fee is only $15. The applicant must state the dates of the games. Any association is eligible for only one 3 Day license per year, and the association is not eligible for a Regular License until one year from the date of the last game.
Documents & Forms
- December 2023 and January 2024 Dog Application
- December 2023 and January 2024 Lifetime Dog Application
- 2023 Tax Collector Listing
- Application for Dog License Transfer
- Small Games of Chance Application
- Bingo License Application
- Permanent Identification Verification Form
- Formulario Permanente De Verification De Identification
- SGOC Application Check List
- SPEC. Raffle APP>exceed $2,000 prize
- SGOC Required Documents
- Bingo - Questions and Answers
- Small Games of Chance Questions and Answers
- Affidavit of Disability
- Local Option Small Games of Chance Statute as of 02-2012
- Title 10 - PA Bingo Law
- 2 Year Unpowered Boat Kayak Launch Permit
- 1 Year Unpowered Boat Kayak Launch Permit
- Special Raffle Permit Application
- Hunter - Trapper Education News Release Fall 2023