• Perry County Courthouse
  • 2 East Main Street, New Bloomfield, PA 17068
  • P) 717.582.2131


Click here for all related documents, forms, & links!

Jan Gibboney, Treasurer

Michelle Thebes

Phone: 717-582-2131 Ext. 4111

Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday

Location: Veterans Memorial Building, 25 W. Main Street, New Bloomfield, PA 17068

Mailing Address:
Perry County Treasurer
P.O. Box 37
New Bloomfield, PA 17068


Dog License has a $2.00 Fee applied to EACH dog license purchased by Card.
Hunting & Fishing has a minimum $4.00 or 4% to all Hunting and Fishing purchases by Card.
Do not send CASH in the mail.


Tax Collection

The Perry County Treasurer’s Office is responsible for working closely with the thirty township and borough local tax collectors on current year real estate, municipal, county, and per capita taxes. Each month the tax collectors turn over the tax monies that they have collected to the Treasurer’s Office. All current year taxes are due to your local tax collectors before December 31st at which time they will be turned over to the Tax Claim Office as Delinquent Taxes. For more information see Tax Claim on this Website.


As an agent for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, this office sells several licenses. The applications are provided here for you to download and print. Remember to bring your identification and other necessary documents to obtain your license.

Dog License

  • Required for all dogs 3 months and older
  • Dog must be licensed by January 1st.
  • Maximum fee for an unlicensed dog is $300.
  • A dog license for a non-senior citizen is $6.50 for a spayed or neutered dog; $8.50 for a female or male dog.
  • A dog license for a senior citizen (age 65) or disabled citizen is $4.50 for a spayed or neutered dog; $6.50 for a female or male dog.
  • Please keep license receipt for your records.

You are welcome to print this application and send it along with proof of Spay or Neuter, payment and self-addressed, stamped envelope to:

Perry County Treasurer
P.O. Box 37
25 West Main Street
New Bloomfield, PA 17068

If you have had your dog microchipped and wish to purchase a LIFETIME DOG LICENSE you may download that form here. Note: Permanent Identification Verification Form (PIV) is also required. These forms are supplied by your veterinarian’s office and will include a scannable microchip label. Please be aware that lifetime dog licenses are available only through the Treasurer’s Office. You must buy a lifetime license in addition to having your dog microchipped.

Staci Fitzhugh
Dog Warden

2023 Hunter-Trapper Education Courses

Please see the Link at the bottom of this page for more information.


Hunting License

  • Please bring your current hunting license with CID # and PA Driver’s License.
  • If you are a first-time hunter or trapper, bring your certificate of training for the successful completion of the Hunter-Trapper Education Course.
  • You may access the PA Game Commission’s website at www.pgc.state.pa.us for more information.

Military Reduced – Fee Licenses are available also. Applicants must meet the following requirements:

  • Be a resident of PA
  • Be an active and full-time duty in the U.S. Armed Forces
  • Be currently assigned to a facility outside of PA
  • Be on temporary leave in PA

All applicants must provide documentation of Pennsylvania being their home of record, their military status; their official orders showing that they are stationed outside this Commonwealth; and their leave papers (LES).

Residential National Guard Hunting License  and   Resident Reserves Hunting License

To qualify, applicants must all the following requirements and provide the appropriate documentation.

Be a qualified resident of Pennsylvania who, within the previous 24 months, has been deployed overseas as a member of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard or Air National Guard on active Federal Service, or a reserve component of the armed forces for a period of 60 consecutive days or more, or was released early from such service because of injury or disease incurred in the line of duty.    Only one Pennsylvania National Guard or Reserves hunting license may be issued for each qualifying deployment of a person applying for this license.

*   Pennsylvania being their home of record

*   Documentation of military status or discharge papers, if applicable

*    Individual or unit orders showing the return date from overseas

Armed Forces (AF) Antlerless Deer Licenses

These license are issued to a eligible PA resident U.S. Armed Forces or PA resident U.S. Coast Guard personnel.   Qualified applicants may apply to any County Treasurer for the WMU in which they desire to hunt.   To qualify, applicants must be full-time active duty or within sixty (60) days of their honorable discharge.  Applicants are not required to be stationed outside of Pennsylvania.   Immediate family members of qualified applicants are not eligible for the AF license.


Individuals serving in the Reserves or National Guard are not eligible for the AF license.  Possible exception-  If a resident applicant who normally serves in the Reserves or National Guard is called to serve in a Federal full-time active duty (generally referred to as TITLE 10) status prior to applying, this person could qualify for the AF license.

Hunting License AND Round # 1   antlerless license sales begin 6-26-2023 –  4TH Monday in June

Over the counter and online with PA Game Commission      NO MORE MAIL Pink Envelope(s)


 ROUND # 2  ANTLERLESS DEER LICENSES    4TH Monday- july 24th

ROUND #3  ANTLERLESS DEER LICENSES  2nd Monday – aug.14th

ROUND #4  ANTLERLESS DEER LICENSES 4th Monday – aug 28th

Landowner with Antlerless deer license will be available Tuesday, June 20th.

Elk- lottery entries are available now until July 16th and will be drawn on July 29th.

DMAP Antlerless licenses will go on sale  August 14th.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission will be sending postcards to all recent hunters early in June to explain the new licensing procedures.  All but five WMUs received additional antlerless licenses allocated to be issued for 2023.  Only one (3b) WMU received less antlerless licenses allotted to issue.   4B, which includes Perry County received 46,000 antlerless licenses, which had previously been allocated 34,000.     If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at 717-582-2131 x 4111.  We look forward to serving you


Fishing Licenses


2023 Important Dates to Remember:

  • Mentored Youth Trout Day: Statewide: March 25, 2023
  • Statewide Trout Opening Day: April 1, 2023
  • Opening Day for Walleye/ Sauger May 6, 2023
  • Opening Day for Bass: June 10, 2023
  • Extended Trout season Sept. 5, 2023

Free Fishing Days 2022 – Pennsylvania

  • Sunday before Memorial Day May 28th
  • Independence Day July 4th
  • Fish-for-Free Days allow anyone (resident or non-resident) to legally fish on Pennsylvania waterways on the designated days with NO FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED (Trout/Salmon and Lake Erie permits are also NOT required). All other fishing regulations still apply.

Other important information:

  • 2023 fishing licenses are now available!
  • Regular fishing licenses are required for anyone 16 years and older.
  • A regular fishing license cost is $25.47. Additional Trout/Salmon and Lake Erie permits are $12.47 each. The Trout/Salmon and Lake Erie permit combo is $18.47.
  • Fishing licenses may also be purchased online directly from the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission using this link: http://fishandboat.com/license.htm
  • To apply for a Senior Lifetime fishing license, the applicant must be at least 65 years of age sometime within the fishing year. The fishing year runs with the calendar year. The cost is $76.97 for a senior lifetime license. With a recent change from the Fish Commission, a senior lifetime license holder will need to purchase a Trout/Salmon permit every year.

Launch Permits

Launch Permits for unpowered boats (canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, rowboats, etc.) can permit owners to launch their boats at the PFBC lakes and access areas or Pennsylvania state parks if their boats display a PFBC launch use permit, boat registration, or Pennsylvania State Parks launch permit or mooring permit. Pennsylvania State Parks recognizes boat registrations and Commission launch permits. The Commission does NOT recognize launch permits from other states. A PFBC launch permit can be purchased at the Perry County Treasurers Office. An unpowered boat may have a registration OR launch use permit but is not required to have both.

Permits are for a calendar year     -One year permit is $13.97 –     -Two year permit is $23.97-


A Launch (Use) Permit is issued for a specific boat. It is unlawful to transfer a Launch (Use) Permit, issued for a specific boat, to another boat.
Fields denoted with an asterisk ‘*’ are required. TYPE OF BOAT:*


Sportsman’s Pistol Permit

  • This permit is valid only in conjunction with going to or from the place where you hunt, fish or trap. Not valid for any other reason.
  • Applicants must appear in person and present valid hunting, fishing, or fur taking license.
  • Present another valid form of identification, preferably a valid PA driver’s license.
  • Valid for five years from the date of purchase. Fee: $6.00.

Small Games of Chance

The Treasurer’s Office is the licensing authority for Small Games of Chance and Bingo Licenses within Perry County. Licensing is limited to non-profit organizations that have been in existence for at least a year for the promotion of charitable or service purposes.


( Please see above under Documents for SGOC overview and SGOC Act 2 amendment documents )

The fees and terms of Games of Chance License remain the same:

  • $125.00 Qualified non-profits conducting games throughout the year.
  • Special Permit $25.00 – this permit is sold in conjunction with yearly permit when prize awards exceed legal prize limits.
  • Limited License $25.00 – permits the organization to use this license for the next 30 days
  • NOTICE: On November 15, 2013, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law Act 2 amending the Local Option Small Games of Chance Act to create new definitions, increase prize limits, provide additional licensing rules and regulations for organizations and to amend enforcement provisions. Required documents:

* Small Games of Chance Application
*Schedule of Games/Drawings sheet
*If incorporated, a copy of the applicant’s articles of incorporation. If not incorporated, a copy of bylaws or other legal documents that define the organization’s structure and purposes. Documentation indicating the organization has been fulfilling its purpose for one year prior to applying for a license is required.

*A copy of the applicant’s Internal Revenue Service tax exemption approval letter or official documentation indicating the applicant is a non-profit charitable organization.

*Details and copies of all written lease or rental arrangements between the applicant and the owner of the premises upon which the games of chance will be conducted, if such premises are leased or rented. If premises are owned, provide a copy of the deed.

*Each application for a club license with proceeds in excess of $20,000 must include the most recent report filed with the department.


Bingo Licenses

Bingo-License-Application NOT NOTARIZED MUST BE SWORN

An application must be completed for each new license and/or renewal each year. The fee for a regular license is $100 and is valid for one year from the date of issue. Recognized senior citizens’ groups who conduct bingo for their members only shall pay a fee of $50 per year.

Three Consecutive Day License: this license permits the association to play the game of bingo for three consecutive days. The application process is the same as above, the fee is only $15. The applicant must state the dates of the games. Any association is eligible for only one 3 Day license per year, and the association is not eligible for a Regular License until one year from the date of the last game.

Associated Links

On-Line Dog License Purchase