Register and Recorder
Register of Wills, Recorder of Deeds and Clerk of the Orphans’ Court
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Perry County Courthouse
2 East Main Street
P.O. Box 223
New Bloomfield, PA 17068
Recorder of Deeds
The Recorder of Deeds is responsible for the preservation of land records in Perry County. We are required to record all documents relating to real estate property in the County. The Recorder is also responsible for the recording of military discharges for the county residents. We are also the agent for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the collection of realty transfer tax. In 2009, we are proud to add to our services the capability for e-recording. Our current e-recording partners are Simplifile (Website: simplifile.com) and CSC (Corporation Service Company) (website: www.erecording.com).
Our records are available on line through landex.com. You can either sign up to use the remote services as a customer, see the website at www.landex.com/remote/ or one time users can simply use the web store search, at www.landex.com/webstore/
Register of Wills
The Register of Wills has jurisdiction over the probate of wills and granting of letters, thereby having quasi judicial powers. We maintain the records on all estates probated for county residents. The Register is also the agent for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the collection of Inheritance Tax.
Those wishing to schedule a virtual probate should follow the process below.
Please click on the link below for more information.
Clerk of Orphans’ Court
The Clerk of the Orphans’ Court is responsible for adjudicated incapacitated filings, estates of minors, and adoption proceedings. Adoption proceedings are sealed records in our office and the only way they can be accessed is by order of the court. We also issue a marriage licenses and maintain the records for the licenses issued.
- MARRIAGE LICENSE $40.00
- Waiver $20.00
- PETITION & ORDER (No charge per page) $75.25
- Citation $5.00
- ADOPTIONS (includes petition, order & term of rights) $95.25
- Advertising $35.00
- Accounts (First Page) $30.00
- (Each Additional Page) $3.00
- Distribution (First Page) $10.00
- (Each Additional Page) $3.00
- AUDITORS REPORT $8.00
- (Each page after first) $1.00
- ELECTION TO TAKE UNDER OR AGAINST WILL $10.00
- CERTIFICATION OF NOTARY $3.00
- Administrative Order Court Appointed Guardians of Medicaid Recipients (See Link below)
Applying for a Marriage License Online
The following website now allows individuals the opportunity to submit information to this office to start the process of applying for a marriage license online. Please remember that your application is NOT complete until both individuals appear in the Orphans’ Court Office with the required documents and fee. We ask that both parties be present in our office no later than 10 days prior to your wedding date to complete the application so that you can comply with the 3 day waiting period. Website: https://www.landex.com/marriageapp/MarriageApp.aspx?county=perry
Simply click on the website above to get started.
After you have used the website and submitted the information for both individuals, you will given a message that has a confirmation number on that you should print out and bring with you to our office. The marriage license requirements still remain the same.
Marriage License Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age to apply
- Photo identification such as driver’s license
- If previously divorced must provide a certified copy of divorce decree with raised seal or gold seal
- Current fee is $40.00 payable either by cash or check
- Once you apply for the marriage license, there is a 3 working day waiting period before the license will be issued.
Associated LinksGuardianship Tracking System Public Access Policy
Documents & Forms
- Re-Opening guidelines
- RECORDERS FEE SCHEDULE effective April 16, 2018 (Current)
- Report of Guardian of the Person - 007069
- Report of Guardian of the Estate - 007068
- GuardiansInventory - 007071
- UPI faq's(Uniform Parcel Identification Number)
- REGISTER OF WILLS FEE SCHEDULE effective November 13, 2017
- ORPHANS COURT FEE SCHEDULE effective November 13, 2017
- Local Rules
- Administrative Order Court Appointed Guardians of Medicaid Recipients
- Status Report 10.6
- Cert of Notice 10.5
- Petition for Probate